Patti Cake$ Movie

I absolutely love escaping to the cinema.  I use the word 'escape' because for me, a cinema outing is a type of escape or  'breaking free' and being completely distracted from my routines and my realities  and immersed in other worlds.    I like many types  of movies and this is part of the movie thrill for me -  as long as the acting is fine and the storylines are good.  

The last movie I saw was Patti Cake$.  


It wasn't what I expected, a bit dreary and brutal in parts.  I didn't pay enough attention to the reviews.   The movie is about Patricia DomBrowski, also called  Patti Cake$ or Killa P, who lives in a downtrodden part of New Jersey and dreams of becoming rap music's Next Big Thing.   Her home life is dead beat, with alcoholic mother Barb and she takes terrible jobs in bars and restaurants.  The ending is redemptive.  The  big appeal of the movie for me was the introduction to Danielle Macdonald, a very watchable and very likeable 26 year old Australian actress who played  Patti Cake$.  I am going watch out for her in her new movie,  Dumplin',  which she is filming alongside Jennifer Anniston.

Comments